Nitro-Net.com – Internet Marketing Services – A Global Marketing Group Company
Google is marking the 25th anniversary of the ‘Friends’ sitcom with six new Easter eggs featuring the characters’ iconic moments.
For example, when searching for “Ross Geller” you’ll see a familiar couch in the knowledge panel. Tapping on the couch will trigger Ross’s famous “Pivot!” line while the screen literally pivots.
There’s a new Easter egg dedicated to each of the main characters. Here’s an overview of all the keywords and their corresponding Easter eggs.
- Phoebe Buffay: Returns a guitar icon. Tap on the guitar to trigger the “Smelly Cat” song.
- Chandler Bing: Returns an icon of a reclining chair. Tap on it to trigger his pet duck and baby chick.
- Joey Tribbiani: Returns a pizza slice icon. Tap on it to hear Joey utter his famous line about not sharing food.
- Rachel Green: Returns an icon of her hairstyle. Tap on it to trigger a Google image search for “The Rachel.”
- Monica Geller: Returns a bucket of cleaning solution. Tap on it to see a sponge cleaning the screen.
- Ross Geller: Returns the aforementioned couch icon and pivoting screen.
These Easter eggs are sure to be familiar to longtime and even causal viewers of the show ‘Friends.’
They’re fun new additions to Google’s search results, which appear to be permanent just like the Thanos Easter egg that was rolled out earlier this year.