The Los Angeles Lakers dominated social marketing firm Unmetric’s analysis of National Basketball Association teams across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram from Oct. 1 through 15.
The NBA 2018-19 regular season tips off Tuesday night.
The Lakers led Facebook and Twitter in audience size; posted the highest growth on Instagram; led Facebook and Instagram in engagement; and topped likes and comments on Facebook and Twitter.
Unmetric examined its cross-channel reports for all 30 NBA teams from Oct. 1 through 15, and it also found that:
- The defending champion Golden State Warriors had the largest audience size on Instagram.
- The Houston Rockets posted the highest growth on Facebook, while the Orlando Magic did so on Twitter.
- The Boston Celtics took Twitter’s engagement crown.
- The Warriors led NBA teams in Facebook posts, while the most prolific tweeting and Instagramming club from Oct. 1 through 15 was the Washington Wizards.
- The Warriors topped Instagram in likes and comments.
Most engaging Facebook posts, Oct. 1 through 15
Most engaging tweets, Oct. 1 through 15
Most engaging Instagram posts, Oct. 1 through 15