Nitro-Net.com – A Global Marketing Group Company
The Carolina Hurricanes heated up the social ice on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram in February, according to social marketing firm Unmetric.
The Hurricanes had the most engagement on Facebook, the highest growth and most engagement on Twitter and the highest growth on Instagram among National Hockey League teams for the month.
The Vegas Golden Knights had a solid February, as well, leading Facebook in growth and Twitter in comments.
Unmetric examined its cross-channel reports for all 31 NHL teams from Feb. 1 through 28, and it also found that:
- Once again, there was no change among the leaders in audience size for the three social networks, with the Chicago Blackhawks atop Facebook and Twitter, while the Pittsburgh Penguins topped Instagram.
- The Philadelphia Flyers topped Instagram in engagement.
- The Tampa Bay Lightning was the most active NHL club on Facebook, while the top tweeters were the Montreal Canadiens and the San Jose Sharks paced Instagram.
- The Penguins tallied the most likes on Facebook and Twitter, while the Toronto Maple Leafs did so on Instagram.
- The Maple Leafs also had the most comments on Facebook and Instagram, while Twitter was led by the Golden Knights.