Google announced a revamp of the Google My Business app to help businesses create and manage their local listings in Google Maps. The new features in the app include a review management section, insight analytics, profile management, Google Posts management, real time messaging and notification.
You can download the revised app for iOS or Android. Here is the running list of changes:
- In the new Customers tab you can respond to reviews, message with your customers, and see your followers all in one place.
- Results on the Home tab. Clicks, calls, direction requests, and follows – see in one glance how and how much your customers interact with your Business Profile right from the app’s Home tab.
- Introducing the Business Profile – that helpful box with your business information that you see on Google Search and Maps finally has a name: Business Profile on Google. Make edits to your Business Profile and see those changes on Google in real time.
- With a tap of the new Post button in the app, you can easily upload photos, create enticing offers and share what makes your business so unique.
- Real-time notifications let you know when a customer connects with your business on Google. Focus on what you love and rest easy knowing that Google My Business is on the clock helping you get more customers.
- Fixed several bugs and made various other technical improvements to help keep your business running smoothly on Google.
Here are screens from Google on it:
There is a lot of coverage of this news, which you can find consolidated on Techmeme. Just to be clear, Google has updated this app numerous times but this latest update was a really big step.
Forum discussion at Twitter, Local Search Forums, WebmasterWorld and Google My Business Help.