Google My Business lets you add attributes to your local business listing but there is no quick way to remove or clear these attributes. That is until today, Google just added a new feature clear out some of the attributes on your business.
Allyson Wright, Community Manager, Google My Business wrote in the Google My Business Help forums:
We’ve heard a lot of feedback from users around attributes and how tedious it can be to continually set them for each listing. To help elevate this, we’ve added an ‘clear’ option for attributes for your business. Rather than being forced to select ‘yes’ or ‘no’ for attributes offered by your business, the ‘clear’ option allows you to clear any value you previously provided for that attribute. Once an attribute value is cleared, any future Google Updates to that attribute will be considered a secondary update.
To clear attribute values:
- Click the clear icon.
- You will see a list of attributes with values you are about to clear. You can uncheck the boxes next to attributes you don not want to clear.
- Click Clear when you are done. The selected attributes will now be cleared of the values that you provided.
- Highlighting the attribute in blue means the attribute is offered
- Highlighting the attribute in grey means the attribute is not offered
- Highlighting the attribute in white means you are not providing a value for the attribute
Forum discussion at Google My Business Help.